Beware of Scams During This Pandemic!
From Lakewood Police Dept 4/7/20: In the last 12 hours, we've seen several instances of phone scams that involve people pretending to be members of the police department.
In both instances, the scammer claims to be a member of the Lakewood Police Department. In one case, the scammer is asking for donations for COVID-19 related purposes. In the other, the scammer is calling to ask you to take care of a warrant or legal matter. Both scams are asking you to pay your donation or fine in the form of gift cards. Both of these scams are also using a spoofing application that copies the LPD main phone number.
Please be aware, the Lakewood Police Department will never call you for money over the phone. Never provide your personal information over the phone to someone you did not call from a number you personally verified.
The scammer may provide a number for a return call - do not use that number. Please call Jeffcom911 at the non-emergency number 303-980-7300. Remember you must call this number to confirm, calls FROM this number may also be spoofed.
Scammers are creative, manipulative and can seem very kind and considerate. However, they are cruel and they are after your money and your personal information. Please do not give them either.
Remember, the Lakewood Police Department does not accept any type of gift card for payment.
From the FCC: As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to impact the United States, phone scammers have seized the opportunity to prey on consumers.
New Reading Resources from Crossway
We want to serve you in these uncertain times. When many families are reorienting their lives and schedules around more time at home, we hope you will find these resources helpful as you ground yourself in the hope of the gospel and seek to encourage others to do the same.
Info from Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment
To better serve the Jeffco community and to accommodate the large numbers of meals we are serving, we are moving some of our grab-and-go meal sites. All site location changes will be effective Monday, April 6, 2020.
Site Location Changes start Monday, April 6
· Alameda High - no changes
· Arvada K-8 moves to Arvada High (enter on West 66th Ave.)
· Bear Creek High - no changes (enter on Dartmouth Pl.)
· Columbine High - no changes
· Edgewater Elementary moves to Jefferson Jr/Sr High (enter from 24th Ave.)
· Foothills Elementary moves to Dunstan Middle (enter from S. Wright St.)
· Lasley Elementary - CLOSING as grab-and-go site. Please visit Alameda High for meals.
· Parr Elementary moves to Pomona High (enter from Pomona Dr.)
· Wayne Carle Middle - no changes
· Welchester Elementary moves to Golden High (enter from 24th St.)
· West Jefferson Elementary - no changes
· Wheat Ridge High - no changes
· Sites will still be open Monday/Wednesday/ Friday — 10:30am - 1:00pm
· Meals are available at no cost to all children 1-18 years old
· Meals will be served at a curbside location and put into the car trunk, through the car window, or handed off by walk-up.
· Parents and caregivers can pick up meals for children who are sick or cannot be present for other reasons. We will ask for and write down names of children who are not present to receive meals.
· Please do not come to the sites if you are sick.
JEFFCO ACTION CENTER
8755 W 14th Ave, Lakewood
Beginning on March 16, 2020 they are providing limited, drive-thru or walk-up services (food and mail services). Appointments are required, please call 720.215.4850.
Only accepting non-perishable food donations for the time being.
Program Services will be CLOSED each Wednesday for Staff Development Days.
MEAN STREET MINISTRY
1380 Ammons St, Lakewood
Serving a meal 8:30 AM – Noon Monday-Thursday
Food Bank is open Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – Noon
No rent assistance or monetary assistance