In February of 1945, The People’s Church of Bear Creek Valley was formed as a non-denominational community church with 100 charter members. Bear Creek School was on the land just south of the current facility, and the People’s Church met in the school’s gym. In March 1952, the church became a part of the Denver Presbytery, and the church’s name became Bear Creek Community Presbyterian Church which was part of the United Presbyterian Church. By 1971 Bear Creek was an excited, suburban, Presbyterian Church of 800 members, and was building to accommodate the numerical and spiritual growth God was bringing. In March of 1985 Bear Creek joined a relatively new denomination, the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
In the summer of 2012, the pastors of Waterstone Church approached Tom Hendrickson, teacher of their Salt & Light adult Bible class, with the idea of planting a church. A volunteer core group of six Waterstone couples began to meet on a regular basis to cast a vision and mission for the new church, to seek God's wisdom and direction for His church.As a result, Bridgeway Community Church was birthed from Waterstone on June 1, 2014, when we held our first worship gathering at Front Range Christian School. After over a year, we have grown as a community and are in the pursuit of real relationships with God by knowing, living and advancing the gospel of Christ.
Through a set of unusual circumstances, God began to reveal a solution that could strengthen two churches and provide for the continuation of Kingdom service here in the Bear Creek Valley; a merger of Bear Creek EPC and Bridgeway Community Church. The leadership of both churches diligently sought God’s will prior to recommending a merger to the congregations. Both congregations were kept well-informed of their efforts to determine the compatibility of the churches in terms of vision, theology, missions support and primacy of scripture. Both churches unanimously approved a recommendation of a merger which served as strong confirmation of God’s will for us all.